Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
With its wind-in-your-hair freedom and the open road stretching out before you, many people are passionate about motorcycle riding. It’s a symbol of adventure and liberation, a means of connecting with the world in a way that few other modes of transport can match.
Unfortunately, when a motorcycle rider crosses paths with a negligent driver the consequences can be catastrophic. In the blink of an eye, a family can lose a loved one in a senseless and tragic accident. Even if they survive, riders often bear the burden of severe and even permanent injuries that rob them of their mobility, their independence, and the overall quality of life they once enjoyed.
The consequences of a motorcycle accident can be life-altering, which is why you need a skilled legal advocate on your side. That’s where Horst Shewmaker can help. Our Alpharetta motorcycle accident lawyers provide legal guidance and representation to those seeking to rebuild their lives after a terrible crash.
Why Hire Us For Your Motorcycle Injury Claim?
Motorcycle accident claims in Alpharetta deserve a legal advocate with proven success and unwavering dedication. At Horst Shewmaker, we provide accident victims with the expertise and experience they need to obtain the compensation to which they are entitled. When you work with us, you benefit from the following advantages:
- Motorcycle Accident Experience: Horst Shewmaker has successfully handled several motorcycle accident claims. We are thoroughly familiar with these cases and understand the traffic laws that can impact your claim.
- Proven Results: Our track record speaks volumes. We have secured substantial settlements and verdicts for our clients, ensuring they receive the compensation they need to rebuild their lives after a motorcycle crash.
- Personalized Approach to Client Claims: We recognize that each motorcycle accident case is different. Because of this, we tailor legal strategies to meet the needs and circumstances of each client.
- Strong Negotiators: Horst Shewmaker will vigorously negotiate with insurance companies and opposing parties to maximize your compensation while sparing you the stress and hassle of protracted legal battles.
- Trial-Ready Representation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiation, you can trust Horst Shewmaker to take your case to trial. Our courtroom skills and litigation experience regularly secure favorable results for our clients.
After a catastrophic collision, you deserve an Alpharetta motorcycle accident lawyer who will fight for the compensation you need to move forward. Our commitment to motorcycle accident victims in Alpharetta makes us a trusted choice for those seeking justice and recovery after a devastating accident.
Common Causes and Liability in Motorcycle Accidents
A motorcycle accident can occur for a variety of reasons, most of which are caused by the actions of other drivers or hazardous road conditions. A successful legal claim depends on understanding these common causes and identifying potentially liable parties. Here are some of the typical causes of motorcycle accidents and the parties who may be held accountable:
- Distracted Driving: One of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents is distracted driving. When drivers divert their attention from the road, whether to text, make calls, or engage in other activities, they pose a significant risk to motorcyclists. Potentially liable parties include the distracted driver and their insurance company.
- Drunk or Impaired Driving: Drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs pose a huge danger to motorcyclists. In cases where impaired driving leads to an accident, the impaired driver and, in some cases, establishments that served them alcohol may be held liable.
- Reckless or Aggressive Driving: Aggressive behaviors such as speeding, tailgating, or weaving in and out of traffic can lead to dangerous situations for motorcyclists. If a driver’s recklessness causes an accident, they may be held responsible for the resulting injuries or damages.
- Failure to Yield Right of Way: Many crashes happen when drivers fail to yield the right of way to motorcycles, especially at intersections. Liability may fall on the driver who violated traffic rules and caused the collision.
- Negligent Lane Changes: Sudden and careless lane changes by other vehicles can catch motorcyclists off guard. If a driver’s negligent lane change leads to an accident, they may be considered at fault.
- Running Red Lights or Stop Signs: Motorists who disregard traffic signals and signs put themselves and motorcyclists at risk. When a driver runs a red light or stop sign and collides with a motorcycle, they may be held liable for the accident.
- Poor Road Conditions: Hazardous road conditions, such as potholes, debris, or poorly marked construction zones, can be treacherous for motorcyclists. Liability for accidents caused by road conditions may extend to the entity responsible for road maintenance or construction.
- Vehicle Defects: Some accidents occur due to defects in the motorcycle itself or other vehicles involved. Manufacturers or maintenance providers may be liable if the accident results from a defect that they should have addressed.
Whether it’s a negligent driver, a government entity, or a vehicle manufacturer, holding the liable party accountable is essential for obtaining compensation. If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, an experienced attorney can help assess liability and build a strong case on your behalf.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Alpharetta
Although a motorcycle accident can be a distressing and disorienting situation, it’s vital to take immediate steps to protect your well-being and your legal interests. They include the following:
- Ensure Safety: First and foremost, ensure your safety and that of others involved. Move to a safe location, away from traffic, to prevent further harm.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you don’t feel seriously injured, seek medical attention promptly. Some injuries may not manifest immediately, and a medical evaluation can document any injuries you’ve sustained. Follow your doctor’s recommendations and treatment plans to heal as fully as possible. Your health and well-being are paramount.
- Contact Law Enforcement: Report the accident to the police. They will document the incident and create an official accident report, which can be valuable for insurance claims and legal proceedings.
- Gather Information: Exchange contact and insurance information with all parties involved in the accident. Collect contact information from witnesses, if any, as their statements may be helpful later. Refrain from making statements or admissions of fault at the scene- leave liability determinations to the authorities and insurance companies.
- Document the Scene: Take photos or videos of the accident scene, including vehicle damage, road conditions, and any visible injuries. These visual records can serve as evidence in your case.
- Consult an Attorney: Consider consulting with an Alpharetta motorcycle accident lawyer. An experienced attorney can guide you on legal matters, protect your rights, and help you pursue compensation.
Remember that the steps you take immediately after a motorcycle accident can impact the outcome of your case. Seeking legal counsel early can maximize your chances of receiving fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
What Happens If the Driver Who Hit Me Fled the Scene?
Hit-and-run accidents occur when the driver flees the scene. If this happens to you, provide the police with as much information as you can about the vehicle and the circumstances of the accident. If there were any witnesses to the accident, obtain their contact information. Witnesses may be able to provide valuable details about the incident or the fleeing vehicle.
In Georgia, uninsured motorist (UM) coverage is mandatory for all auto insurance policies unless the insured explicitly rejects it in writing. UM coverage can be used to cover your medical expenses and property damage when the at-fault driver is unidentified or uninsured. Your insurance provider will investigate the claim and may offer compensation for your injuries and property damage.
If the hit-and-run driver is identified, they may face criminal charges for leaving the scene of an accident, which is a serious offense in Georgia. You may also have the option to pursue a civil lawsuit against the driver to seek compensation for your injuries and damages. However, this may depend on whether they have insurance or assets to cover your losses.
It’s important to note that hit-and-run accidents can be complicated and the outcome may vary depending on the circumstances of the case. Having an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer on your side can increase your chances of receiving the compensation you need.
How Can an Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help Me?
An Alpharetta motorcycle accident lawyer plays an important role in helping those injured in motorcycle accidents. Besides ensuring that your claim is filed within Georgia’s statute of limitations, they bring a wealth of advantages to the table.
Motorcycle accident lawyers excel at gathering essential evidence to support your claim, such as accident reports, witness statements, medical records, and expert testimony when necessary. They also offer a thorough assessment of the strength of your case and provide a realistic understanding of the compensation to which you may be entitled.
When dealing with insurance companies, attorneys demonstrate their negotiation skills, handling all communication and negotiations with insurance adjusters to secure a fair settlement. If negotiations fail to yield a satisfactory outcome, your attorney is prepared to take your case to court and present it before a judge and jury.
They also assist with the medical aspects of your case by working with healthcare providers to ensure accurate medical records and necessary treatment. They aim to maximize compensation by covering various areas such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage.
Most motorcycle accident lawyers (including Horst Shewmaker) work on a contingency fee basis, ensuring that you do not pay attorney fees until they recover compensation for you. You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain by reaching out today.
Questions? Speak to an Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident in Alpharetta, your path to fair compensation starts with a single step – contacting Horst Shewmaker. With a track record of successful outcomes and a commitment to your well-being, we stand ready to fight for your rights and guide you through the process. Your recovery and financial future are too important to leave to chance- to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, call 404-400-1175 or contact us online today.